Monday, March 25, 2013

Just a Little Reminder




41. Remind yourself to eat better. One latest study found that people chose better-for-them foods when they were prompted to "consider the healthiness" before digging in.

I do this by writing out a meal plan at the beginning of the week and sticking to it.  For example, at breakfast I have 1 cup of multi-grain cheerios with ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk.  Then, as a mid-morning snack, I eat a serving of yogurt and a serving of whichever fruit I have on-hand (this week it’s grapes).  For lunch, I choose either a Smart One or Lean Cuisine frozen meal and my afternoon snack is a granola bar (various kinds). To end the eating day, lately I've been taking my own advice and serving soup for supper.  And because I like sweets, I save room for a hot cup of decaf cocoa before I head to bed. I really like the idea of planning and packing my meals ahead so I don’t have to think (stress) about what I will eat and/or drink that day. I do the same thing with my weekly wardrobe but that’s another story!



My thoughts are that if I can eat healthy most days of the week, then I can eat healthy all the time. As you can read, I give myself plenty of food and indulge in my favorites without having to feel guilty about anything.  I know some people who eat the same things every day. I admit I can’t do that as I like too many foods to limit myself to just a few, but I choose to eat my favorite not-so-healthy foods sparingly and on the weekends. It works for me; see if it works for you!

Pair healthy eating with a healthy exercise routine and you will be well on your way to a better, fuller life! That’s what matters :)




No comments:

Post a Comment